You can count on Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs to be a leader in providing audit, tax, and consulting services to the insurance industry.
We understand the financial reporting, operating, and regulatory issues that affect the insurance industry. Our large insurance clientele have allowed us to establish a core group of professionals within our firm that concentrate almost exclusively on serving insurance companies.
You can count on expertise.
Our firm provides consulting services to our clients involving the complexities pervasive throughout the insurance industry. These services have typically involved the following areas:
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Section 404 internal control risk assessment
- Documentation and testing projects
- Claims recovery projects
- Assistance in developing reinsurance models including evaluations of reinsurance contracts
- Assistance in structuring and recording portfolio assumption and reinsurance transactions
- Advising and assisting clients with mergers
- Conversions from fund status to stock company status
- Proxy tabulation
- Assessments and recoveries from second injury funds
- Forensic accounting services
- Matters involving solvency and receivership issues.
You can count on integrity.
The Insurance Services Group, led by CPAs Bill Ferguson, Canita Gunter Peterson, and Christopher Howell, combine specialized training, industry experience, and regulatory expertise to respond to our clients with professional and individualized service. In addition to providing services related to the performance of annual audit and tax services, we have also assisted clients in providing compiled annual and quarterly statutory filings, SEC filings, consulting CFO services, strategic planning, and representation on regulatory matters.