You can count on Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs to provide sound financial management in order to maximize your eligible reimbursement from FEMA.
Our team has over ten years of experience working with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) public assistance (PA) grant program at the federal, state, and local level including project worksheet (PW) development, PW audit, documentation review, eligible cost reconciliation, audit checklists, the development of successful appeal/appeal responses, and close-out.
We also have experience with all categories of work in man-made and natural disasters with expertise in the tracking of force account labor, equipment reimbursement, supplies, donated services, mutual aid agreements, and contracted services.
We are a recognized leader in the management of FEMA’s PA grant program. Our team has managed and/or closed-out over 5,700 FEMA project worksheets and recovered more than $1.8 billion for nearly 500 Florida sub-recipients.
You can count on us to have the capability, expertise, and flexibility to serve you.
We can scale the number of team members based on the services you require. Our current combined team includes over 150 team members throughout the Southeast. Our main goal is to balance our team, so we are performing efficiently and effectively while remaining responsive to your needs.
You can count on our experienced staff to efficiently and quickly develop and closeout your projects.
Our team brings unique skill sets and the depth of resources necessary to meet your needs. From PA recovery professionals, auditors, a former Director of Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) and North Carolina Division of Emergency Management, former county executives, engineers, subject matter experts, attorneys, and CPAs, we have the breadth of knowledge and experience relevant to meet your needs. Our team also includes insurance specialists who have relevant insurance experience and can lead our team through the intricacies of the insurance world as it relates to FEMA claims and consulting.
Our team has worked 20 Presidentially declared disasters including:
- Hurricane Irma (DR 4337)
- Hurricane Michael (DR 4399)
- Hurricane Nate (DR 3395)
- Hurricane Matthew (DR 4283)
- Hurricane Dorian (DR 4468)
- Hurricane Hermine (DR 4280)
- Flooding (DR 4177)
- Florida Severe Storms and Flooding (DR 4138)
- Hurricane Isaac (DR 4084)
- Tropical Storm Debby (DR 4068)
- 2009 North East Florida Flooding (DR 1840)
- 2009 North Florida Flooding (DR 1831)
- Hurricane Gustav (DR 1806)
- Hurricane Ike (EM 3293)
- Tropical Storm Fay (DR 1785 & EM 3288)
- Hurricane Wilma (DR 1609)
- Tropical Storm Rita (EM 3259)
- Hurricane Katrina (DR 1602)
- Hurricane Ivan (DR 1551)
- Hurricane Charley (DR 1539)
You can count on our experience with FEMA and the FDEM.
Our team has significant experience regarding FEMA rules and processes. We have extensive training on Homeland Security, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), FEMA, FDEM, state pass-through grant management, reimbursement, accounting training, and other valuable certifications as listed below:
- Florida Certified Contract Negotiator
- Florida Certified Contract Manager
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Project Management Professional
- Certified Floodplain Manager
- FEMA Introduction to Exercises (IS-00120.a)
- FEMA Fundamentals of Grant Management (IS-00230.d)
- FEMA Introduction to Incident Command Systems (IS 00100.b)
- FEMA National Response Framework (IS- 00800.b)
- FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700, 800, 300, 400, and IS-634
- FEMA NIMS Public Information
- FEMA Emergency Planning (IS-235.b)
- FEMA Leadership Influence (IS-240.a)
- FEMA Effective Communication (IS-242.b)
- FEMA Decision Making & Problem Solving (IS-241.b)
- FEMA Developing & Managing Volunteers (IS-244.a)
- FEMA Institute Core Curriculum Grant Management and Administration
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Grant Management and Administration Training
- Department of Financial Services Advancing Accountability for Grant Management
- FEMA Citizen Core Management and Administration Course
- NASPO Sourcing in the Public Sector
- Fundamentals of Grant Writing, Tallahassee Community College
- FEMA Cost Principles for Federal Grants
- FEMA Managing Federal Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- FEMA Sub-awarding for Pass-through Entities
- Certified Public Accountant