You can count on experienced business consulting to help your company improve or transform.
This may involve the identification and cross-fertilization of best practices, analytical techniques, technology implementations, strategy development, or even the simple advantage of an outsider’s perspective.
Business consultants generally bring formal frameworks or methodologies to identify problems or suggest more effective and efficient ways of performing business tasks. Often the consultant provides expertise to customers who only rarely or occasionally require this particular type of knowledge. Successful business consulting engagements bring resources and/or expertise which the company’s internal management team did not have in order to create real changes in the way the company runs its business. The following engagement profiles are representative of our experience in business consulting engagements:
Strategic and Operational Planning:
- We provided strategic planning services and assessed capital needs. The planning activities concluded that the HMO market was ripe for consolidation and HMO’s were being valued at record levels. Physician owners and management concluded that it was an appropriate time to sell the HMO. We were retained to pursue potential buyers, negotiate the sale of the company, structure the transaction, perform due diligence services, and assist management in the closing. The entity was sold for approximately $75 million, and the stockholders’ original investment was $1.5 million.
- We were retained by a large real estate syndication and property management company to restructure its operation in response to adverse economic circumstances. During this process the principal died and operations were supervised by a Trustee. THF was retained to identify buyers and negotiate the sale of the company. Approximately $110 million of multi-family real estate was involved in this transaction.
- We provided comprehensive accounting, tax, and consulting services to a family business that owned a number of broadcasting properties around the Southeastern United States. The family concluded the properties should be sold. THF was retained to assist in the structure and closing of the transactions. The transactions were some of the largest in Leon County and were very sophisticated in their structure. It is interesting to note that one of the transactions was discussed in an article in Forbes magazine.
Large Scale Data Analysis:
- THF was retained by a regulatory agency to analyze and reconcile two child support systems, processing in excess of $100 million per month in child support payments. The systems involved multiple accounts. The reconciliations covered five years.
- We were retained to provide forensic accounting services involving the largest premium sales Ponzi scheme in the history of the state of Florida. The assignment required reconstruction of four years of financial activity involving investments exceeding $100 million. The assignment involved multiple entities with fictitious sales totaling millions of dollars.
In an increasingly dynamic business environment, companies and organizations require sophisticated balance sheet and risk management tools to enhance and maintain their competitive edge. The optimal structure of a transaction often requires specialist advice.
We are frequently consulted in structuring complex business transactions such as:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sales or Succession Planning
By working closely with our clients, our structuring services can assist in the development of transaction structures that minimize the potentially negative effects on reported earnings, develop pre- and post-transaction tax structuring to minimize taxes, and consider long-term plans (for dividend repatriation) or exit strategies (capital gains).