Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs, one of Florida’s top 25 public accounting firms, is a full-service certified public accounting firm founded in 1993. We have over 85 team members in two locations including Tallahassee and Tampa. We are looking for talented, motivated individuals to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of initiative, well-developed organizational skills, and the ability to learn and accept new challenges with a positive, can-do attitude. Excellent customer services skills and attention to detail are critical.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Certification as a CPA is desirable, must be CPA eligible.
- 0-3 years of recent experience in public accounting.
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels within the firm.
- Work requires continual attention to detail, as well as meeting established priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- May be required to work extended hours or weekends as client or regulatory deadlines require.
- Some travel is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Begin to develop a command of GAAP, other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations
- Obtain a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques
- Prepare planning memorandums, engagement programs and time budgets
- Understand the rules, regulations and code of professional conduct of the AICPA, FICPA and the Florida Board of Accountancy
- Become familiar with firm’s policies and procedures
- Assume responsibility for efficiently supervising both audit and non-audit engagements and training staff accountants, interns and paraprofessionals
- Recognize, in advance, possible engagement problems and propose solutions
- Possess technical knowledge to supervise staff accountants.
- Preparation of financial statements and management letters
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- A thorough understanding of internal control and a demonstrated ability to apply internal control concepts to the audit approach
Benefits include competitive salary, flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, retirement plan, 401K match opportunity, bonus incentive plans, medical, dental, vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and life insurance options, continuing education, annual memberships and license renewal, daily selection of coffees and sodas, breakfast on Fridays. Synergy events such as busy season snack cart, smoothie day, random lunch days, tailgates and much more. The right candidate has great learning and promotional opportunities. Bonus paid upon successful completion of CPA exam.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity and have the necessary qualifications, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to People Champion, P O Drawer 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317
EOE, ADA, E-Verify Employer