National and local or regional accounting firms each have their advantages and disadvantages. National firms traditionally provide broad training and support programs; while local or regional firms typically offer staff accountants the chance to work on advanced and varied assignments much earlier in their career.
Many graduates believe they have to go one way or the other, but at Thomas Howell Ferguson, you have the option to experience both. Our membership in the RSM US Alliance and CPAmerica International have given THF access to national training programs that are integrated with technical support and materials. It also offers the opportunity to network with similar-sized firms across the nation to expand our base of knowledge, resources, and contacts in order to share experiences and ideas. Employment at THF offers you the advantages found at national and local or regional firms.
Upon arrival at THF, you will attend an informal orientation presented by veteran members of our firm. The program is composed of topics ranging from firm policies and procedures to our approach to audit and tax services. Not only will this program familiarize you with a normal work day, it will also allow you to get to know other members of the staff on a one-to-one basis. We believe training is critical. We want to help you develop industry and service specific credentials, achieve and maintain professional certifications, and pursue advanced degrees.
As part of our ongoing investment in our staff, the firm offers the following programs to support and encourage professional and personal development:
- CPA Exam Bonuses
- Education Tuition Reimbursement
- Leadership Development Training
- Business Development Training
- Employee Referral Award Program
We mutually set goals annually and provide both technical and leadership training to help you achieve your career goals.
At THF, we believe that our new staff should have a well-rounded background. Therefore, we do not encourage specialization at the beginning of your career. This approach enables our staff to be knowledgeable about all the areas involved in each engagement. As an entry-level staff accountant, you will gain experience working on several different engagements which will expand your experiences, allowing you a stronger ability to choose and pursue the area of specialization you prefer.
The Top 5 Advantages of Being a Part of the THF Team:
- Excellent opportunities for growth.
- A rich diversity of experience from working with clients that represent a cross-section of private business, public business, not-for-profit, and governmental entities.
- Ability to offer the same services found at national CPA firms, because our dedication to the team approach supports our professional service providers with the unique needs of our clients.
- An attractive employee benefits package.
- Being a valuable part of an organization that is true to its mission and purpose.