CPA – Accountant – Tampa, FL Area
If you would like to be part of an exciting, growing firm this is for you!
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A., one of Florida Trend’s top 25 public accounting firms, is seeking experienced, career-oriented Accountants for its expanding Assurance Services Team in the Tampa area. If you are a CPA or CPA eligible and have 2-5 years of current Audit experience in public accounting and would like to be part of an exciting growing firm, we would love to talk to you. Experience should include evaluation of internal controls, financial statement preparation, direct client responsibilities, and supervision of staff auditors. Experience working in the government, not for profit, insurance, or employee benefits industries is desired. Some travel will be required. The successful candidate will be working with an exceptional team and receive ongoing training in a fast paced, technologically advanced office environment with a diverse group of clients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Certification as a CPA is desirable, must be CPA eligible
- 2-5 years’ recent experience in public accounting
- Technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants is a plus
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the rules, regulations and code of professional conduct of the AICPA, FICPA, and the Florida Board of Accountancy
- Begin to develop a command of GAAP, other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations
- Obtain a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques
- Prepare planning memorandums, engagement programs and time budgets
- Review and analyze internal control structures
- Assume responsibility for efficiently supervising both audit and non-audit engagements and training staff accountants, interns, and paraprofessionals
- Recognize, in advance, possible engagement problems and propose solutions
- Possess technical knowledge to supervise staff accountants
- Preparation of financial statements and management letters
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- A thorough understanding of auditing standards generally accepted in the USA
- Ability to prepare written narratives, engagement budgets, and engagement programs
- A thorough understanding of internal control and a demonstrated ability to apply internal control concepts to the audit approach
Benefits include competitive salary, flexible work schedules, PTO, retirement plan, 401K match opportunity, bonus incentive plans, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance options, continuing education, annual memberships, license renewal, daily selection of coffees and sodas, and breakfast on Fridays. Synergy events such as busy season snack cart, smoothie day, random lunch days, tailgates, and much more. The right candidate has great learning and promotional opportunities. Bonus paid upon successful completion of CPA exam.
| If you are looking for a great career opportunity and have the necessary qualifications, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: People Champion, P. O. Drawer 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.
EOE, ADA, E-Verify Employer